Friday, September 20, 2013

They're here! And they're beautiful!

So, my books arrived very late this afternoon and I was sweating bullets waiting for them to get here.  I have my first book signing on Sunday and the books were scheduled to arrive on Wednesday.  When I checked the status of my order with the publisher on Monday I saw it was still in production.  I panicked, realizing it was unlikely they'd make the Wednesday delivery date.  After many phone calls and much anxiety I received word late yesterday afternoon that the shipment had left the building.  I followed the packages' journey online from Rochester, NY to Buffalo, then Philly, Nanuet, and New Windsor until they finally landed in my garage. Whew! What a disaster if they had not arrived today.  As an indie author I am responsible for everything and can only blame myself if and when things go wrong.  I cut it close ordering the books last week but there were issues with the publisher that led to the delay.  Next time, I'll know what to expect and will give myself a little wiggle room.  Anyway, they're here!  And they're beautiful!

No comments: