Sunday, July 21, 2013

50 Reasons Why My Debut Novel Sold 10,000 Copies

I wish I could say I am the author of that statement, but alas, not yet. 

It was so hot here in the Hudson Valley this weekend I spent a lot of time in the air conditioned indoors doing research on the Internet about book marketing and promotion, and came upon a number of very helpful and interesting web sites.  James W. Lewis' in-depth article "50 Reasons Why My Debut Novel Sold 10,000 Copies"  is chock-full of useful information.  He sent me a PDF of the article  which will help me to better organize my marketing efforts.  Trying to sell a novel is a lot like climbing a mountain - for me, Mount Everest! - but if you take one step and move one inch at time you can be successful.  http://www.jameswlewis.com/

I also stumbled upon Wise, Ink, hosted by two editors dedicated to helping indie authors navigate the world of publishing.  They offer a wealth of information on topics writers need to know, especially on twitter, something I'm trying to master.  They also offer editorial services.   http://www.wiseinkblog.com/category/hashtags/

Where Writers Win is another super site that helps authors market and sell their books and offers author website training, author-specific social media, professional media training, vetted book review directories, book club sourcing, and all the KEY areas you need to address as an emerging author.  I may join their Winners Circle. 
http://writerswin.com/

As you can see, authors need to extend themselves in order to realize their goals, and building a network of helpful professionals who are willing to share their skills and talents - often for free  - is a must.  You can't be shy in this business! 

No comments: