Monday, March 28, 2016

New Release Spotlight: Collection, Now Available in Audio

Audiobooks have become a big part of my reading life. In 2009, I set a goal to read 100 books in a year and audiobooks helped me meet it by October. Since then, I've listened to dozens of them, especially on long car rides. I travel frequently to Massachusetts, a five-hour trip, with my mother-in-law, and audiobooks help us while away the hours, although sometimes it's a challenge to find a book we'll both enjoy. 

As an author, audiobooks are part of my publishing plan. I'm pleased to announce my third audio title, Collection: A Daisy Hunter Story, is now available on Audible, Amazon and iTunes. It's a short listen, 27 minutes, ideal for a morning commute. 

As with my previous titles, I partnered with the Audiobook Creation Exchange (ACX, an Amazon company) to find my narrator, and publish, distribute, and market  my book. 

I chose to work with Evelyn Eibhlin, stage actress, director, voice artist, and professional storyteller. I wanted a narrator with a fresh, young voice, and a certain touch of innocence and Evelyn sounded perfect. (You can listen to a sample right now.) This is her second audiobook production.

Collection is the first in a collection of stories about Daisy Hunter, a tweenager growing up in the '70's in a family with too many kids, not much money, but lots of love. In this story, young Daisy and her family accompany their housepainter father on a trip to collect his wages from a slow-paying customer and encounter surprising consequences. Collection won Honorable Mention in the Tom Howard/John H. Reid Short Story, 2007. The Daisy Hunter stories are based on my childhood experiences. Some of them are a little dark. I'm told they're beautifully written. This one is currently available in Kindle and you can preview it on my Amazon page

Amazon reviewers say:
"This was an enjoyable short story that can be read in a single sitting."
"Sciucco weaves a classic tale of snobbery and humility."
"I was pulled in from the first sentence." 
"Life is so much like this story. They say those with the least will give the most and it's so true."

Collection is available on Audible, Amazon, and iTunes.

No comments: