Sunday, October 19, 2014

"Adventures in Publishing: How to Independently Publish Your Own Book" October 28, in Newburgh

Once again I will offer a two-hour workshop on independent publishing at SUNY Orange, this time on the Newburgh Campus. Please join me on Tuesday, October 28 from 7 pm - 9 pm when I share my Adventures in Publishing and show you how I published my first novel in print, digital, and audiobook. Topics I'll cover include: changes in the publishing industry over the last ten years, including electronic publishing; the trend toward independent publishing and its growing acceptance among readers; why authors might choose to go this route rather than seek traditional publishing, and the pros and cons of each; as well as the work involved in publishing and marketing your own book. This class will be of interest to anyone thinking about publishing a book, whether it's a novel, poetry, memoir, family history, cookbook, etc. To register please visit Adventures in Publishing.  Cost: $19.

No comments: